Saturday, June 1, 2013

FFA: Bryant's baptism

Disclaimer:  I apologize in advance if this bothers anyone, but while the main focus of this blog is a "lifelong fan talking all things wrestling" I like to give it a personal touch as well.  Obviously, I am aware that not all of you are Christians or care about something like this.  I completely respect that and hope you don't mind my indulgence too much here.  Next week we should be back to "regularly scheduled programming."  With some minor illness issues in the family, two birthdays to celebrate, the baptism to prepare for and just the regular grind that is life I was unable to update as much as I would like.  With that out of the way, let's get to the baptism of my oldest child.

We celebrated my son's sixth birthday today, but more importantly he was baptized as well.  The short story is that Bryant (named after Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant by the way) asked Jesus into his heart on May 8, 2012.  A couple of months ago he decided and we agreed that he was ready for baptism.  My father-in-law tells the story pretty well here so I'll let him tell it...




Needless to say we are all very excited for Bryant and happy to have a new "brother in Christ."  Third Day's "Children of God" was a major inspiration for my son as well.  When he accepted Christ he told everyone that he had become "a child of God" which was clearly inspired by their phenomenal song.  

As for the "congregation" we had a great turnout with family and loved ones such as my parents, Norko, my grandmother and even my new brother-in-law's parents from out of town.  It really was an amazing experience.

The birthday party went great as well.  He actually turned six on the 30th which means he shares a birthday with fellow SCHS alum and current Washington Redskin, Kedric Golston and Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

Again, the party was great, but the baptism was quite literally once-in-a-lifetime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment