Friday, June 29, 2012

CM Punk's DVD set

Per this LordsofPain post, CM Punk recently spoke with the Chicago Tribune about his upcoming DVD set.  Here's what "The Best in the World" had to say about it:
"Obviously, I'm biased but I think mine is the best. Mine starts way different than anyone else's and ends way different than anyone else's."

"Honestly, it was like watching my life flash before my eyes. They used a lot of footage from my early days. Just seeing the whole package put together with people I respect in the industry and have known my whole life talking about me, it seemed weird. It felt like I was at my own funeral. You get a perspective of where I come from, how hard I’ve worked and where I’m at now. It blew me away. There were a couple moments where I was like 'Wow, this is really touching.'"
Other than what Punk has said and Tweeted about the set, I have not seen much information out there about it.  This 24Wrestling.com article mentions that it is tentatively titled "Best in the World," is due out in October and will also have a Blu-ray release.

Like most wrestling fans I'd imagine, I am pretty stoked about this release.  I hope it lives up to the hype.  I had heard in the past that it will definitely touch on the 2011 Money in the Bank PPV which should be fascinating to see as that and the "pipebomb promo" on RAW were the genesis of CM Punk as an honest to goodness top of the card guy in WWE.

1 comment: