Monday, May 7, 2012

FFA: No spoiler look at The Avengers (2012)

I am very happy to say that I am already able to do a follow-up to my previous post on The Avengers.  We went and saw it on Saturday night and this movie absolutely delivered.

There will be no spoilers in this post so I will not touch on plot much at all.  Instead, let's focus on the characters themselves.

In all honesty, I think everyone nailed their characters for the most part.  As always, I absolutely loved Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man.  Mark Ruffalo brought an excellent performance as Dr. Bruce Banner as well.  Like I said, everyone played their part well.

The build was solid.  They did a good job making things like Thor's first appearance important.  The Hulk?  This is by far the best Hulk you have seen in a movie.  I can pretty much guarantee you that.

There are tons of great moments in this film.  I am not going to spoil anything, but I will say that the theater went wild probably five different times.

Bottom line, if you care anything about comic books or comic book films, I think you will love this movie.  We will be seeing it again with our five year old son who is so excited about it that he is pretty much beside himself.

By the way, there are two additional scenes at the end of the film.  One is at the end of the stylized credits that start right after the movie.  The other takes place once the black and white credits roll and right before they cut the lights back on.  The first gives you a glimpse of things to come.  The second is a great moment that I think you will enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I loved everything about this movie and I enjoyed reading your thoughts about the film. I completely agree with your opinions about Hulk/Banner and Iron Man/Stark. I wrote a review too, and found it difficult to really express my opinions while trying not to spoil anything for first-time viewers, but it really is best to remain spoiler-free before seeing the movie because there were some genuine surprises. I hope your five year-old has a blast!!! Great post as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is it tough to write about it without spoilers, it's tough to not tell all your friends about all the awesome things that happen.

    I agree with you though, spoiler-free is the way to go. I'm surprised I didn't use the term in the post, but there is tons of "fan service" in this movie and legitimate mark out moments along the way.

    ReplyDelete