Sunday, January 29, 2012

Royal Rumble preview and predictions

The Royal Rumble is tonight.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch, but let's take a look at what I think may happen.  Before we get there though, check out the cool Rumble video WWE rolls out for the big event every year.



The Rumble:  Jericho wins because I really do not see any other obvious choices.  Maybe that takes us to Punk/Jericho at 'Mania or something.  Brodus "Funkasaurus" Clay gets the "Diesel Push" by eliminating a bunch of folks and Foley gets the comedy, "Quickest elimination" spot.

Ziggler/Punk (WWE Title):  Punk finds a way to win.  I'd be all for a Ziggler win and him retaining until WM 28 where Punk can reclaim the title.  Elimination Chamber makes it harder for me to see Dolph winning and retaining until WM 28 though.  So, Punk wins in spite of the RAW GM's (John Laurinaitis) best laid plans.

Big Show/Mark Henry/Daniel Bryan (WHC):  Bryan finds a way to escape with the title.  While I'm not typically a huge fan of that type of title reign, it makes perfect sense given Bryan's current character.

Cena/Kane:  I have zero interest in this, but Cena wins to give him momentum heading into his epic showdown with the Rock at WM 28.

Upload Credit: WWE

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on a few things.

    I believe Brodus will get the Diesel push, however rumors are going around that Mason Ryan could do the same. I would rather see Brodus because his potential is way higher than Mason's. Oh yeah and Brodus can actually wrestle.
    The two things I dont agree with are Foley getting eliminated quickly. I think he will be in for a few minutes at least. I could possibly see him eliminating Dolph Ziggler, because I honestly feel that Ziggler v Foley is on the books for Wrestlemania. It would give Foley that one last match on the gradnest stage and also allow him to put over Ziggler.
    I also see Kane defeating Cena, to help Cena further embrace the hate. Then Maybe Cena getting the better of Kane in the rumble

    Just my thoughts. I went over these thoughts and more the last couple of days on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quickest elimination is the one I struggled with the most.

    ReplyDelete