Thursday, June 23, 2011

NWA Legends Fanfest: The Last Battle of Atlanta

I've never been to a wrestling convention, not even WWE Axxess when it was in town with WrestleMania 27, but this really sounds like it could be a lot of fun.




NWA Wresling Legends Fanfest Weekend: The Last Battle of Atlanta, August 4-7, Atlanta's Airport Marriott Hotel

The roster of individuals who will be appearing is pretty incredible.  Here are the featured guests with those that really interest me in bold:

Ole Anderson, The Assassin, Mr. Wrestling II, Steve O, Killer Karl Kox, "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, "Doctor D" David Schultz, "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas, Killer Tim Brooks, The Masked Superstar, Dory Funk Jr., Terry Funk, "Continental Lover" Eddie Mansfield, "Wildfire" Tommy Rich, Nick Bockwinkel, Harley Race, Joyce Grable, Judy Martin, Leilani Kai, Thunderbolt Patterson, Ron Simmons, Gypsy Joe, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen, Teddy Long, "Hands of Stone" Ron Garvin, "Outlaw" Ron Bass, Buddy Colt, Scrappy McGowan, Moondog Rex, Tully Blanchard, "The Perfect 10" Baby Doll, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Big Mama, Lars Anderson, "Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff, James J. Dillon, The Mongolian Stomper, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, "The Universal Hearthrob" Austin Idol, "Hacksaw" Butch Reed, Pat Rose and Randy Rose.

Again, I've never been so I would really be interested to hear some thoughts on these types of events.  As a fan of old-school southern wrestling I really can't ask for a better roster of greats to see.  I'm not terribly familiar with all these individuals, but there's enough great superstars to make this even a real treat.

I don't know that I'll go, but I will say this is the most interested I have ever been in an event like this.

Photo Credit: NWA Legends.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm down for going on the Saturday of the event. Hell we could do that then D&B and make it my bday day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about that. We should seriously consider this.

    ReplyDelete