Thursday, May 26, 2011

One Man, Two Moments

This was inspired by 790 the Zone's morning show, Mayhem in the AM hosted this morning by the Cellini brothers, Nick and Vince.

They did One Man, One Moment.  This was an opportunity for ATL sports talk fans to give the single moment that defined a guy.  One that caught my ear was Hulk Hogan.  The moment suggested for him was the historic nWo heel turn into Hollywood Hogan.  That's a good one of course and deserves to be in the conversation for the top spot, but I think Hulk slamming Andre the Giant at WM III in the Pontiac Silverdome is also an excellent moment deserving of Hogan's "one moment." 

I took that and figured, "Why can't we have two moments that define these wrestlers?"  So here we are.  I've already covered Hogan in the setup so let's look at another wrestler.

That wrestler is Chris Benoit.  I use him because unfortunately I feel his two defining moments are pretty obvious.

  1. World Heavyweight Championship win at WrestleMania XX.  Capped by his friend, Eddie Guerrerro celebrating with him in the confetti along with Benoit's family.  That sets us up for number two....
  2. The Benoit Murder/Suicide.  Sadly, this is Mr. Benoit's defining moment as well it should be.  I'm not really sure I have much in the way of analysis to offer on this one, but right now I fear it would be difficult for me to analyze that with the appropriate...tone for lack of a better word.
So that's it for what should be the first of many editions of One Man, Two Moments.  Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Mick Foley
    1. Hell in a Cell vs the Undertaker

    2. Winning the WWF title from the Rock and having WCW spoil it, yet backfiring on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to steal this idea for a podcast too.

    ReplyDelete