Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Ron Simmons


I really didn't want or intend to have two Happy Birthday posts so closely together, but after honoring "The Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller yesterday there is no way that I cannot point out that today is Ron Simmon's birthday.

Why?

For one, Ron is the first African-American World Heavyweight Champion in wrestling history.

Two, Ron is one of my all-time favorites.

Three, Ron winning the title from Vader was a true WCW markout moment for me and the crowd as you will see below.

Four, Ron is Georgia native just like myself.

Fifth, Mr. Simmons was a college football star.  Heck he's a College Football Hall of Famer (Class of 2008).

Happy 53rd birthday Ron.  His finest hour in the wrestling business is posted below.




Photo Credit: kevdaman1234567, Upload Credit: MLGrubenrosa

2 comments:

  1. You'll want to listen to this week's A1 Podcast, we're doing a feature on promos and one of them I'm featuring is one by Ron Simmons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to do that. Ron Simmons rules it, hard.

    ReplyDelete