Wednesday, April 27, 2011

AWA on ESPN Classic

Wrestling fans,

If you have ESPN Classic and are not watching the AWA program, there's something wrong with you.  It is incredible.  Early in my time watching it I saw the Midnight Rockers in one of their first matches.  It was great seeing a young Marty Jannetty and "Sean" Michaels perform.  On the other end of the spectrum I've been able to witness Harley Race and Wahoo McDaniel at the end of their careers.

The quality is all over the place.  You get crap like the Team Challenge Series in the promotion's dying days.  OTOH you get Bruiser Brody making an appearance or Leon White (a young Vader) taking on Stan "The Lariat" Hansen for the AWA strap.  

Besides all that, it's a really cool "wrestling time capsule."  For a guy like me it's lots of fun.

Check it out, you won't be sorry especially if you're a Soldat Ustinov fan.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, they're still featuring the episodes with Ustinov??

    I'd be watching this, but I no longer get ESPN Classic sadly.

    ReplyDelete